Referrals to relevant providers, such as for job capacity assessments or to job network providers. For job seekers.
By Centrelink state-wide, via local Centrelink offices. Open Monday to Friday (except public holidays) 8.30am to 5pm.
- Tel: 13 10 21 Appointments
- Tel: 13 27 17 Disability, sickness and carers
- Tel: 13 28 50 Employment services
- Tel: 13 61 50 Families
- Tel: 13 16 73 International services
- Tel: 13 23 00 Retirement
- Tel: 13 24 90 Youth and students
- Tel: 13 12 02 Multicultural services
- Tel: 1800 810 586 TTY service
Provides a range of services to support people from a refugee background to access meaningful employment pathways.
Fair Work Ombudsman
An information gateway to information and advice about Australia's workplace rights and rules, including awards and national employment standards. Fair Work Ombudsman website
Job seeking information for migrants
Job Services Australia
Provides opportunities for training, skills development, work experience and tailored job-seeking assistance. For all Australian residents. Visit the Job Services Australia website provided by the Commonwealth Department of Employment.
Migrant Resource Centre SA works
Employment and training initiatives for young people, women and men in partnership with TAFE and industry skills training, including work experience through volunteering and students on placement.
Naracoorte Volunteer Resource Centre
Promotes volunteering opportunities around Naracoorte, for people living in the Naracoorte Lucindale area.
Consumer and Business Services (SA)
Provides services and information to the general public on Business and Occupational Services (includes Business Names, Associations and Co-operatives, Licensing).
Consumer and Business Services
Tel: 131 882
- Adelaide: Levels G-4, Chesser House, 91-97 Grenfell Street
- Berri: 29 Vaughan Terrace and 30 Kay Avenue
- Port Augusta: 9 Mackay Street
- Mount Gambier: 11 Helen Street
- Naracoorte: 14 Butler
- Whyalla: 171 Nicolson
- Port Lincoln: 73-75 Tasman Terrace
- Port Pirie: Shop 7-8, 72-80 Ellen Street
- Gawler: Northern Market Shopping Centre, Corner Murray and Cowan Streets
- Kadina: 10 Digby Street
- Murray Bridge: 19 Seventh Street
Safeguards occupational health, safety and welfare by promoting and encouraging safe, fair and productive working lives and working with employers, employees, unions and industry representatives. For all South Australian workers.
Tel: 1300 365 255
Specialist Migrant Services
Provides support towards skills recognition of overseas gained qualifications and assistance in employment support for Skilled Migrants in South Australia. Go to the Immigration SA website
Tel: 08 8303 2450
Supports the coordination and delivery of learning activities for adults, designed to help them make successful transitions to vocational education and training and the achievement of post-school qualifications.
- Old School House Community Centre, 24 Daranda Terrace, Milang
Tel: +61 8 8537 0687
- Baptist Care SA, 157 Beulah Road, Norwood
Tel: 1300 654 450
- UnitingCare Wesley, 60 Florence Street, Port Pirie
Tel: +61 8 8633 9000
- Twelve25 Salisbury Youth Enterprise Centre, Salisbury
Tel: +61 8 8253 9928
- Disability WORKS Australia, Edwardstown
Tel: +61 8 8276 0900
- OARS Community Transitions, 234 Sturt Street, Adelaide
Tel: +61 8 8210 0800
- Vietnamese Community in Australia SA Chapter, Kilkenny
Tel: +61 8 8447 8821
Volunteering in South Australia
Many organisations enable refugees to gain work experience through volunteering.
- The Office for Volunteers provides information and resources for volunteers and community organisations
- Local Volunteer Resource Centres provide local support and information
- Volunteering SA&NT provides a range of resources, including training.
Women's Empowerment Initiatives
The Migrant Resource Centre of South Australia has a number of initiatives supporting the participation and leadership development of women from new and establishing communities.
Run by the Migrant Resource Centre
At: 59 King William Street, Adelaide
Tel: +61 8 8217 9505
At: Northern Area MRC, 28 Mary Street, Salisbury
Tel: + 61 8 8283 0844
Return to Work SA
Provides protection to workers and employers in the event of workplace injury. For private sector workers in SA. Go to Return to Work SA website
At: 100 Waymouth Street, Adelaide
Tel: 13 18 55
Working Women's Centre
Provides resources, information, support, training and advocacy for working women who are not members of a union. Working Women's Centre website
Tel: +61 8 8410 6499 or 1800 652 697 (freecall)