Find out what's happening in your area. Go to: www.aroundyou.com.au
Provide care, education, health, community development activities and family services for families and their young children. Each Children's Centre is tailored to meet the needs of the local community. For families and their young children aged from birth to eight years of age. Run by the Department for Education & Early Childhood Development.
Tel: +61 8 8226 1755
- Port Augusta: Port Augusta Children's Centre, Carlton School, Rupert Street
Tel: +61 8 8642 6504
Community centres offer a range of activities and programs for local people. Find local community centres and houses
Free computer access
Find out where free internet, computer and training resources are available (some restrictions apply)
- Coober Pedy Visitor Information Centre
Hutchinson Street, Coober Pedy
Tel: +61 8 8672 4617
- Mintabie Telecentre and Postal Agency
Main Street, Mintabie
Tel: +61 8 8670 5000
- Open Access College School for the Air
59 Power Crescent, Port Augusta
Tel: +61 8 8642 2077
- Port Augusta Visitor Information
Wadlata Outback Centre, 41 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta
Tel: +61 8 8641 9193
- Yunta Telecentre
c/o Post Office Barrier Highway, Yunta
Tel: +61 8 8650 5099
Health Services Finder
A free online directory of useful information about private and public health related services in SA. Find your local health service.
- Coober Pedy Hospital, Lot 89 Hospital Road Coober Pedy
Tel: +61 8 8672 5009
- Port Augusta Hospital, 71 Hospital Road, Port Augusta
Tel: +61 8 8648 5500
- Woomera Hospital, Dewrang Avenue Woomera
Tel: +61 8 8673 7788
Humanitarian Settlement Services
You can find out more about services in your area via the Department for Immigration's interactive map of settlement services for humanitarian entrants.
Various information is available at local libraries, often in other languages.
Local and District Councils
Local and district councils provide a range of services for those resident in their council area.
Office of Consumer and Business Services
Provides services and information to the general public on:
- Consumer Affairs (includes Product Safety)
- Business and Occupational Services (includes Business Names,
- Associations and Co-operatives, Licensing)
- Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Tenancies (includes Residential, Retail, Bonds and support to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal)
9 Mackay Street, Port Augusta
Tel: 131 882
Many Sa government owned resources can be used for free or a small fee by voluntary organisations and community groups.
- Disability SA (Kadina)
4a Draper Street, Kadina
Facilities and resources available: Small meeting room, tea and coffee facilities, kitchen, toilets and street parking.
Tel: +61 8 8821 0200
- Disability SA (Port Augusta)40 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta
Meeting room, large boardroom table and chairs, kitchen, tea and coffee facilities, and street parking.
Tel: +61 8 8648 8686
- Families SA (Coober Pedy)Hutchison Street, Coober Pedy
Conference room and photocopier.
Tel: +61 8 8672 4509
- Families SA (Port Augusta)5 El Alamein Road, Port Augusta
Conference room and U-Turn facility.
Tel: +61 8 8648 5071
- SA Schools and Preschools
Government schools and preschools across the state have a wide variety of facilities and resources available for use by volunteer organisations. These can include facilities like meeting spaces and ovals. To find out more about what's available in your community, contact your local schools' Principal/Director. You can find all the locations and contact details for schools in your local area by visiting the Department of Education and Child Development
- Children Youth and Women's Health Services: Friends of Child and Family Health BranchesVarious locations
A range of resources are available for use by volunteer organisations.
Tel: +61 8 8303 1544
- TAFESA Campuses offer a variety of resources to volunteer organisations for a special discounted hire price such as Classrooms and Conference/Board rooms
Coober Pedy Campus: Hutchinson Street, Coober Pedy
Port Augusta Campus: 9-39 Carlton Parade, Port Augusta
Roxby Downs: Richardson Place, Roxby Downs