Alternative Care for Unaccompanied Minors

Provides homes for refugees who are under 18 and are not accompanied by a parent or guardian. Run by Families SA

Assistance to secure affordable rental property

Available to humanitarian entrants in Australia from six months to five years living in the north, east and west metropolitan areas of Adelaide. Run by the Lutheran Communities Council of SA, in Blair Athol, Ingle Farm and Murray Bridge.

Tel: +61 8 8331 3111
Email: enquiries@lccsa.org.au

Catherine House

Provides housing support and case management for homeless women over 21 years of age in Adelaide without children and not on the Initial Housing Provision (HSS) program.

Tel: +61 8 8232 2282
Email: reception@catherinehouse.org.au

Consumer and Business Services

Provides services to tenants and landlords/agents of residential and retail properties, to residents and owners of residential parks and to proprietors and residents of rooming houses in South Australia. It provides advice on Rental Disputes. Consumer and Business Services

Tel: 131 882

  • Adelaide: Levels G-4, Chesser House, 91-97 Grenfell Street
  • Berri: 29 Vaughan Terrace and 30 Kay Avenue
  • Port Augusta: 9 Mackay Street
  • Mount Gambier: 11 Helen Street
  • Naracoorte:  14 Butler
  • Whyalla: 171 Nicolson
  • Port Lincoln: 73-75 Tasman Terrace
  • Port Pirie:  Shop 7-8, 72-80 Ellen Street
  • Gawler: Northern Market Shopping Centre, Corner Murray and Cowan Streets
  • Kadina: 10 Digby Street
  • Murray Bridge: 19 Seventh Street

Emergency Accommodation Service of SA

Homelessness service provider directory

HomeStart Finance

Homestart - helps South Australians into home ownership via cheap home loans and innovative home finance products. For those who meet eligibility criteria.

Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
At: 153 Flinders Street, Adelaide
Tel: 1300 636 878

MyStart - Homestart now has MyStart, a new website that is regularly updated with new information to help potential first home buyers understand the home buying process.

Initial Housing provision (HSS)

For humanitarian entrants in their first six months of settlement, referred to the program by the Department for Immigration. Provided by Anglicare

Tel: +61 8 8305 9382

Magdalene Centre

Provides a range of services including information and referral, tenancy information and advocacy. For those on low incomes. Run by the Parish of St Mary Magdalene Moore Street, the Cathedral Church, and Anglicare.

At: 26 Moore Street and 42-46 Carrington Street, Adelaide
Tel: +61 8 8305 9382 (Administration)
Tel: +61 8 8305 9389 (Assistance Centre)
Tel: +61 8 8305 9384 (Community, Refugee and Enterprise Programs)
Tel: +61 8 8305 9385 (Bargain Centre)

Northern Suburbs Housing Community

Provides long-term, affordable, secure rental housing to elderly people. Rent is the same as for Public Housing. For residents of Prospect and the inner area of Port Adelaide and Enfield who are aged 55 years or more and don’t own a residential property, are on a low income and have limited assets, are of reasonable health, can demonstrate their need for housing and are willing to be involved in the organisation. Northern Suburbs Housing Community

Tel: +61 8 8344 9011
Email: Julia@nsch.com.au

Private Rental Assistance Program (PRAP)

Offers Bond and Rent in Advance Assistance via the 16 Housing offices throughout nine regions in South Australia. For migrants who have been in Australia less than six weeks and meet a social assessment. For the MECCSA program, refugees must be of Middle Eastern background and have been in Australia from six months to five years. Managed by Housing SA, the Frederick Ozanam Housing Association, the Middle Eastern Communities Council of SA (MECCSA). Private rental assistance (sa.gov.au)

Tel: 131 299

Public Housing

Provision of social housing for those at risk of homelessness. Managed by Housing SA

Tel: 131 299
Email: housing@dcsi.sa.gov.au

Refugee Housing Support

Can help refugees to look for suitable private or community rental properties and apply for them; get assistance from Housing SA to guarantee bonds; contact agents or landlords; and make referral to emergency accommodation services. It also provides accommodation support workshops about different aspects of housing. Also informs community members to act as housing information sources for their communities. For humanitarian entrants who have been in Australia for less than five years. Run by the Australia Refugee Association.

At: 304 Henley Beach Road, Underdale
Tel: +61 8 8354 2951
Email: accommodation@ausref.net

Seniors Information Service

Information on retirement housing, including retirement villages and low cost rental units for seniors. Seniors Information Service

At: 76 Waymouth St, Adelaide
Tel: +61 8 8168 8776; 1800 636 368 (SA country free call) 
Email: information@seniors.asn.au

Tenants Information and Advocacy Service (TIAS)

Information, referral and advice relating to housing issues; negotiation and advocacy on behalf of customers with housing providers and landlords; representation of customers at Residential Tenancies Tribunal or Appeals Unit. For people on low incomes. Run by Service to Youth Council.

Further information is available from the attached flyer.
Tel: 1800 060 462


Provides housing support, day centre facilities, emergency relief, general support and counselling for the homeless. Run by Baptist Care SA.

At: 216 Wright Street, Adelaide
Tel: +61 8 8231 2850
Email: westcare@baptistcaresa.org.au