Information and communication
Community care services
Information sessions, links to community groups and mainstream services, for humanitarian entrants who have been in Australia for less than five years. Run by Lutheran Community Care SA (www.lccare.org.au) in metropolitan Adelaide and the Riverland.
Tel: 8269 9300 (Adelaide)
Tel: 8531 3644 (Riverland)
Consumer and business services
Provides services and information to the general public on:
- Consumer Affairs (includes Product Safety)
- Business and Occupational Services (includes Business Names, Associations and Co-operatives, Licensing)
- Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Tenancies (includes Residential, Retail, Bonds and support to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal)
Tel: 131 882
Go to: www.cbs.sa.gov.au
Adelaide (City) Address
Ground Floor (street Level) 91 Grenfell Street Adelaide SA 5000
- Port Augusta - 9 Mackay Street Port Augusta SA 5700
- Mount Gambier - 11 Helen Street Mount Gambier SA 5290
- Berri - Services SA - 29 Vaughan Terrace Berri SA 5343
- Naracoorte - 14 Butler Terrace Naracoorte SA 5271
- Whyalla - Services SA - 171 Nicolson Avenue Whyalla Norrie SA 5600
- Port Lincoln Services SA - 73 – 75 Tasman Terrace Port Lincoln SA 5606
- Port Pirie - Services SA - Shop 7 – 8 72 – 80 Ellen Street Port Pirie SA 5540
- Gawler - Services SA - Northern Market Shopping Centre Cnr Murray and Cowan Streets Gawler SA 5118
- Kadina - Services SA - 10 Digby Street Kadina SA 5554
- Murray Bridge - Services SA - 19 Seventh Street Murray Bridge SA 5253
Drop in help desk
For someone to talk to about general information, furniture, referrals, IT and casework. Run by the Australian Refugee Association (www.ausref.net) for refugees.
At: 304 Henley Beach Road, Underdale
Tel: 8354 2951
A free digital literacy program, an online learning tool developed by the Government of South Australia. Designed to teach people and provide them with the skills to use the internet safely and securely, at their own pace. The information and resources enable users to increase their digital literacy skills, confidence and knowledge to allow them to take advantage of broadband to enhance their daily personal, work, leisure and family lives. Go to: http://www.forwardit.sa.gov.au
Free internet access
Find out where free internet, computer and training resources are available in your local area.
Available at local council offices and libraries.
Immigration, visas and citizenship
The Federal Department of Immigration and Citizenship deals with all immigration, visa and citizenship applications. Go to: www.immi.gov.au
- Tel: 131 881 Immigration appointments and enquiries
- Tel: 131 880 Citizenship appointments and enquiries
- Tel: 131 450 Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS) National
- Tel: 133 177 Global Feedback Unit
- Tel: 1800 040 070 (toll free in Australia) Employers' Immigration Hotline
- Tel: 1800 009 623 (toll free in Australia) Immigration Dob-in Line
- Tel: 133 677 National Relay Service (NRS) for callers with hearing, speech or communication impairments and for Text Telephone (TTY) or modem callers
- Tel: 1300 555 727 National Relay Service (NRS) for callers using Speech to Speech Relay (SSR).
The Settlement Reporting Facility enables the public to access statistical immigration data on permanent arrivals to Australia from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's Settlement Database at: http://www.immi.gov.au/settlement/
Interpreting and Translating Centre (ITC)
Provides fee based 24 hour interpreting and translating services in approximately 140 languages and dialects, including:
- Translation from English or into English
- Checking of Translations
- Editing and Proof-reading
- Certified Translations
Go to: www.translate.sa.gov.au
At: 24 Flinders Street, Adelaide
Tel: 8226 1990 (Interpreting)
Tel: 8226 1980 (Translating)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (after hours)
Various information is available at local libraries, often in other languages.
Local and District Councils
Local and district councils provide a range of information for those resident in their council area.
Map of South Australia
General information for all migrants to Adelaide and South Australia.
Multicultural families services
Provides information and advice on a range of matters, such as parenting, for people of multicultural backgrounds. Run by Uniting Care Wesley (www.ucwesleyadelaide.org.au) at Bowden.
Tel: +61 8 8342 0899
Seniors Information Service
Provides information on support services for seniors, aged care, retirement housing, concessions. Community talks and seminars, free internet access and IT training available.
Go to: www.seniors.asn.au
At: 76 Waymouth St, Adelaide
Tel: 8168 8776 or 1800 636 368 (SA country free call)
State and Federal Government information
Service SA is a State Government directory service listing all services and information. It covers everything from houses, law and transport, to taxes and health. Go to: www.sa.gov.au
Federal government information can be found at www.australia.gov.au
Tenants Information and Advocacy Service (TIAS)
Information, referral and advice relating to housing issues; negotiation and advocacy on behalf of customers with housing providers and landlords; representation of customers at Residential Tenancies Tribunal or Appeals Unit. For people on low incomes. Run by SYC, http://www.syc.net.au/tias/how-to-contact-tias/
TIAS can be contacted through free call number: 1800 060 462
Tenancy Advisor' are also available for face-to-face enquiries at a number of SYC sites
Adelaide: Wednesday 9am – 12pm - 135 Currie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Christies Beach: Friday 9 am – 12pm - York House, 120 Beach Road, Christies Beach SA 5165
Blair Athol: Tuesday 9.30 – 11.30am - Level 1, 350 Main North Road, Blair Athol SA 5084
Port Adelaide: Thursday 9.30 – 11.30am - Shop 2B, 171 Commercial Road, Port Adelaide SA 5015
Elizabeth: Monday 9am – 12pm - Shop 2, 47-49 Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth SA 5112
To make an appointment at any of the above outlets, please call 1800 060 462.
Translating and interpreting service (TIS)
An interpreting service for people who do not speak English and for the English speakers who need to communicate with them. It provides immediate telephone interpreting services, as well as pre-booked telephone and on-site interpreting. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for any person or organisation in Australia requiring interpreting services. Further information is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
Tel: 131 450
Women's Information Service
Provides an information and referral service for all women in South Australia with the aim of empowering women to make informed decisions about their lives. They also offer family court support, free telephone legal advice, tax help annually, volunteer programs and a phone link up service for women living in rural areas. All services are free and confidential. Go to: www.wis.sa.gov.au
At: Ground Floor, 101 Grenfell St, Adelaide SA 5000
Tel: 8303 0590 or 1800 188 158