Governor's Multicultural Awards
South Australia is greatly enriched by our diverse cultural communities and these Awards celebrate South Australians who promote multiculturalism and increase understanding of the benefits of cultural diversity in our community.
In 2016, there are three new categories - aged care, family safety and economic development.
The Award categories are:
- Arts and culture (individual and organisation)
- Community sector (individual and organisation)
- Private sector
- Public sector
- Senior volunteer
- Youth (individual and organisation)
- Outstanding individual achievement
- Aged care awards (individual and organisation)
- Family safety awards (individual and organisation)
- Economic development awards (individual and organisation).
The Governor's Multicultural Awards are administered by Multicultural SA and presented by the Governor of South Australia, on the advice of an independent judging panel chosen in consultation with the Multicultural Communities Council of SA.
Nominations for the awards have now closed. Winners will be announced in early 2017 at a ceremony at Government House to celebrate South Australia's cultural diversity.